#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving and unity that takes place Dec 1, 2020.
#GivingTuesday emphasizes opportunities to give back to communities and causes in safe ways that allow for social connection and kindness even while practicing physical distancing.
We all have gifts to give, and with social media, online giving, delivery, mail, and phones, there are limitless ways to use your generosity to support others.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
#GivingTuesday is about giving of all types — some may choose to give a financial contribution to their favorite cause or a fundraising drive, others will opt to reach out to neighbors, start an advocacy campaign, donate goods or extra supplies, share gratitude to frontline workers and those keeping us safe. If you can show generosity and share kindness, you have something to give! You can join in this global movement for unity and giving back in a variety of ways:
- Support COTS or other organizations that align with your heart to help those in need.To support COTS, click HERE.
- Share kindness with your neighbors–check on those who are alone and may need help with errands or just a friendly voice to talk to.
- Show gratitude to healthcare workers, service providers, and other essential workers who are making sure we still have the services we rely on, even at risk to their own health.
- Post a poster or sign of support for your community workers, neighbors and passers by to cheer them up and on.
- Share a quick tutorial that offers up a skill or lesson to help others discover something new or helps students add to their at-home learning.
- Encourage others to share kindness and be generous during this time.
- Post an #Unselfie–a post on social media that shares a message about why you give back
- Create your own Facebook or Instagram fundraiser to support COTS
- Share reasons why philanthropy is important to you. Share how your heart is aligned with ours.
- Share what has inspired you to help others.
SPREAD HOPE AND LOVE!
Remember that #GivingTuesday is an opportunity for people around the world to stand together in unity–to use their individual power of generosity to remain connected and heal. Let’s each do our part to spread hope and love.
Wishing you good health, wellness, and peace!
COTS Administrative Office | 26 Peterboro | Suite 100 | Detroit, MI 48201
313-831-3777 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Site powered by Giveffect